Amy Learmonth, William Paterson University
Peter Gerhardstein, Binghamton University-SUNY
Julie Campbell, Psychology Department, Illinois State University
Perinatal Pre-Conference Symposium Program Director
Marion I. van den Heuvel
Sponsored by the International Perinatal Brain and Behavior Network (IPBBN)
New to the ISDP Annual Meetings? Want to check out the 2020 Virtual Meeting content?
Coming soon, open access to ISDP 2020 Virtual Meeting for all ISDP Members, as well as any student in developmental psychobiology (if you are not a member, please contact Joan Oefner for an access code ([email protected])!
Doing better – a panel discussion on how best to improve scientific practices with respect to inclusivity and equality
Highlights from the Symposium Sessions:
Please click on the Symposium Titles Below for full details:
Columbia University in the City of New York Sponsored Symposium:
- CONTEMPORARY APPROACHES TO STUDYING EARLY LIFE STRESS AND THE DEVELOPING BRAIN, Chair: Ms Morgan Botdorf, University of Maryland, College Park, United States
Young Investigator Symposium:
- EMERGENCE OF INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES IN FUNCTIONAL BRAIN DEVELOPMENT DURING THE FIRST YEAR OF LIFE: IMPLICATIONS FOR RISK & RESILIENCE, Chair: Dr Sonya Troller-Renfree, Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, United States
- STRESS AND THE DEVELOPING BRAIN: A CROSS-SPECIES EXAMINATION OF THE NEURODEVELOPMENTAL IMPACTS OF EARLY ADVERSITY, Chair: Dr Heidi Meyer, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, United States
- EARLY LIFE STRESS EXPOSURE YIELDS PERSISTENT PHYSIOLOGICAL, MORPHOLOGICAL, AND BEHAVIORAL CHANGES IN PRECLINICAL RODENT MODELS, Chair: Dr Jennifer Quinn, Miami University, Oxford, United States
- EARLY LIFE ADVERSITY, INFLAMMATORY BURDEN, AND VULNERABILITY: A TRANSLATIONAL APPROACH, Chair: Dr Joanne Weinberg, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- Perinatal Pre-Conference: NEURAL CORRELATES OF MOTHER-CHILD INTERACTION: SHAPING EARLY SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT, Chair: Dr Mia Mclean, BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute, University of British Columbia,Vancouver, Canada
PERINATAL SYMPOSIUM: COVID-19 IN CLINIC AND RESEARCH, Session Chair: Dr. Marion van den Heuvel, Tilburg University, Netherlands; Panelists: Jasmine Hect, University of Pittsburgh, United States; Mr. Abdul Ibrahim, University of Cape Town, South Africa; Ms. Rebecca Lipschutz, University of Houston, United States; Dr. Tomoki Arichi, King’s College London, United Kingdom; Prof. Seon Deoni, Brown University, United States; Dr. Elif Duman, Bogazici University, Turkey; Prof. Dani Dumitriu, Columbia University, United States
ISDP STUDENT & POSTDOC MEMBER ABSTRACT AWARDS, thanks to our sponsors & virtual exhibitors:
Thank you to all of our sponsors, who have generously supported ISDP Student & Postdoc Member Travel Awards as well as selected Symposium Speaker’s travel. Funding for these awards was generously provided by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR), John Wiley and Sons Publishing, (publishers of the ISDP’s official journal, Developmental Psychobiology, the Division of Developmental Neuroscience in Psychiatry at Columbia University, MagstimEGI, Brain Vision, LLC, The Trust Insurance Programs, ANT Neuro, Zero to Three and the members of the ISDP. Thanks to all our generous sponsors and exhibitors!