53rd Annual Meeting of the International Society for Developmental Psychobiology
October 21-23, 2020
North Bethesda Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Rockville, Maryland, USA
Steps from the White Flint Metro Station, in the Washington DC Area
Official Satellite Meeting of the SfN
Amy Learmonth, William Paterson University
Peter Gerhardstein, Binghamton University-SUNY
Julie Campbell, Psychology Department, Illinois State University
Perinatal Pre-Conference Symposium Program Director
Marion I. van den Heuvel
Sponsored by the International Perinatal Brain and Behavior Network (IPBBN)
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS – Abstract deadline June 1, 2020
The deadline for submission of abstracts and Award Applications is June 1, 2020. Abstracts and award applications must be submitted electronically using the online abstract submission form.
Detailed instructions for completing the abstract are provided on the submission page, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Abstracts must be no longer than 250
- Abstracts must be in English.
- All research must comply with the ethical guidelines in the use of animals and humans. For more information, please visit http://www.isdp.org/care-of-subjects-in-research.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author. Advisors may not submit an abstract for another person under their own login
- There is a non-refundable abstract submission fee of $50. Abstract fees must be made before an abstract submission is considered complete.
Abstracts will be assigned to either an oral presentation (10-minute talk, plus 5 minutes for questions) or a poster session. You can indicate your preference for a talk or poster on the abstract submission form. We will do our best to accommodate your preference. The first author of the abstract must be the presenter. If you have any questions about abstract submissions, please contact the Program Director, Amy Learmonth or the Managing Director, Joan Oefner.
Abstract Submission topic(s) & categories:
- Models of Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Physiological Processes (including hormonal modulation)
- Socio-emotional (including attachment, temperament)
- Neurodevelopment and Plasticity (including imaging work)
- Learning, Memory, Cognitive Processes
- Genetics,and Epigenetics
- Stress, Adversity
- GxE Interactions
- Cultural Influences
- Sensori-motor development
- Parental behavior (maternal, paternal, parent-child interactions)
Please choose an AGE or AGES from the list below associated with the research discussed in this abstract:
Please choose one or more Research Species Categories related to this abstract:
- Non-human primates
Presenting authors can indicate their interest in a preferred presentation type for the abstract. Please note that inclusion in an oral presentation is not guaranteed if selected as the preferred presentation type, but is at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
- Prefer POSTER, but will give oral
- Prefer ORAL, but will give poster
ISDP Student/Postdoc Travel Awards
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2020
ISDP Member Students and postdoctoral fellows who wish to be considered for a student NIH/Sackler Travel Award are required to check the appropriate box when they submit their abstract via the ONLINE Abstract Form AND complete the ISDP Student/Postdoc Member Travel Awards Application, both of which can be found on the member profile page. Students and postdoctoral fellows must be members of ISDP to be eligible and should complete the membership application at least few days before the June 1st deadline to allow time for approval of the application which will require an upload letter from their mentor verifying student status.
We also invite nominations for the Sandra G. Wiener Student Investigator Award, the David Kucharski Young Investigator Award, the Dissertation Award, the Senior Investigator Award, the Distinguished Service Award, the Hennessy-Smotherman Best Student Paper Award and the Rovee-Collier Mentor Award. All of these awards can be nominated or applied for via the ISDP new online membership system, through the member profile by July 15, 2020. For more information please click here.
Application deadline for the Travel Awards is June 1, 2020. For the other named awards, the deadline is July 15, 2020 to apply or to nominated someone, please click on the award buttons on your membership profile.
Testimonials from past ISDP Annual Meeting Participants:
- “The choice of talks and presenters was great. The collaborative atmosphere of the conference was excellent.”
- “Ability to connect with top researchers in the field due to the small, intimate nature. Stepping out of my wheelhouse to listen to presentations not typically thought of as being related to my research.”
- “The variety of presentations from a diverse group of presenters (graduate students, post-docs, PIs, basic and clinical) made for a really excellent conference.”
- “I like the fact that the speakers included both very early career scientists and leaders in the field. I also really liked that there was a good representation of different methods (fMRI, behavioral observation, rodent models, etc) and approaches.”