Please submit nominations or self nominations by email by April 10, 2022
If you wish to nominate an ISDP Member who has obtained their advanced degree and has an interest of getting more involved in the Annual Hybrid meeting of the ISDP, or are interested in the position, please contact the Managing Director. For more information about the positions, please contact Conference Coordinator (2020-2022), Julie Campbell, Psychology Department, Illinois State University.
These are elected, 3-year positions. In addition to attendance at the board meetings (in person or virtually) and the yearly conference, the Conference Associate Coordinators (for 2022, to become the C0-Conference Coordinators for 2023, 2024 and 2025 meetings) will become part of a team that includes the Managing Director, the Conference Coordinator and the Program Director. Throughout the year and especially in in the months leading up to the conference the Associate Coordinators will assist the with a variety of tasks, including:
- Review submitted abstracts and provide feedback about acceptance and rejection of each submission.
- Create a description of work positions for student travel award winners (work positions change each year based on location).
- Contact students who have received a travel award, discuss the volunteer positions, and organize a schedule of work positions.
- Meet with the managing director (Joan Oefner) to learn how to assist with the online streaming platform.
- Communicate with the conference speakers and work with them to confirm whether the speaker will present in person or virtually (live or pre-recorded). For presenters who will be virtual, meet with speakers to conduct dry runs of the conference day (assist speakers with screen sharing, lighting, and sound).
- Help to create instructions for attendees which will clarify how to interact with the online streaming platform, gathertown, and iposter platform.
- Communicate regularly with the Student Representatives to organize student events and poster judging.
- At the annual meeting, be available to help direct student volunteers, help to organize speakers and upload and check presentations, assist with set up of the poster sessions. Communicate with virtual speakers.
- One conference coordinator will be responsible for monitoring the in-person segments of the meetings, and one coordinator will be responsible for monitoring thevirtual aspects of the meeting. However, these 2 coordinators will work together to accomplish the tasks listed above. Both coordinators should attend the meetingsin person if possible.
The ISDP is seeking nominations for the position of Conference Coordinator Elect for the coming year to work together with our current Conference Coordinator, Julie Campbell, on the 2022 hybrid meeting in San Diego. After the San Diego meeting the Conference Coordinator Elects will become Co-Conference Coordinators for the next three meetings, which are planned for:
- Tilburg, Netherlands in July/early August of 2023, TBD
- 2024: Chicago, IL, Oct 2-4, at the Swissôtel Chicago, immediately preceding the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting
- 2025: Dates and Venue TBD (most likely preceding the SfN Annual Meeting which is as yet unannounced)