The Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at the University of Delaware is hosting a visit day on October 4th, 2019 for historically under-represented students who are interested in graduate training in behavioral neuroscience, clinical psychology, cognitive psychology, or social psychology. Successful applicants will receive an all-expense paid trip to our campus in Newark, DE where they will learn about the Ph.D. programs at the University of Delaware, meet with faculty mentors and graduate students, and attend professional development talks. Rising seniors and recent graduates are eligible to apply by completing an online application (see attached call for applications). The application is open now and will close August 26th, 2019.
Tania L. Roth, Ph.D.
Director of Graduate Education
Psychological and Brain Sciences
University of Delaware
Psychological & Brain Sciences Doctoral Programs Visit Day
Friday, October 4, 2019
Application Due: Monday, August 26, 2019
Behavioral Neuroscience, Clinical Science, Cognitive Psychology, & Social Psychology Ph.D. Programs
The inclusion of diverse viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences is critical to the success of psychological and brain sciences. The University of Delaware Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences is hosting a Visit Day for all four of our Ph.D. programs. We invite research-oriented undergraduate seniors and recent graduates from underrepresented groups to apply to visit our campus and learn more about doctoral training in Psychological & Brain Sciences at the University of Delaware.
Accepted students will be invited to visit the Department at the University of Delaware (Newark, DE)
Friday, October 4, 2019. Travel, lodging, and meals will be provided.
The visit day will include:
• Presentations on selecting a graduate program, applying to graduate school, graduate funding opportunities, mentoring, and student life
• Individual and small group meetings with program faculty members and graduate students to discuss students’ research interests
• Research presentations and lab meetings
• A campus tour
• Social events and networking with current graduate students and faculty members
To apply: complete an online application by 8/26/19: https://delaware.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0iA4QL0D6GnLaoB
The application requests:
• Unofficial transcript (may be uploaded directly to the online application)
• CV (may be uploaded directly to the online application)
• Student responses to questions about demographic factors and educational and career plans
• Optional: Letter of support (may be uploaded directly to the online application)
Questions? Email: [email protected]