We have developed a list of anticipated Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that may be encountered by you, as an attendee, sponsor or exhibitor of one of our virtual events using the PheedLoop platform.
If you are unable to find an answer to your question, please contact [email protected]
I have registered, how do I access the virtual event?
You will receive an email from “ISDP 2021” in advance of the event with a link to the virtual event and your login credentials to access the virtual event platform and to download the hybrid mobile meeting app.
Please use the same login details for all days of the event.
Please save this email as it is important to remember your password. If you have forgotten your password, or would like to change your password, please visit www.pheedloop.com/forgot, and enter your email address associated with your registration record. You will receive an email with a special link that will allow you to change your password.
Please add the email address [email protected] to your safe senders list, or check your Junk/Spam box for the email.
Please check your Spam/Junk folder as well for the email.
What technology should I be using?
Desktop computer or laptop – tablets and mobile devices are not compatible for all aspects of the virtual event experience.
Browser – Any major, modern browser is supported. This includes Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari.
Internet Connection – A high speed internet connection is recommended to participate in sessions without experiencing interruptions. A minimum download speed of 25 Mbps is recommended. You can test your internet speed here. If the stream is working, but the audio or video seems choppy, it’s possible that your internet connection is too slow, unstable, or bandwidth is being utilized elsewhere. A hard-wired internet connection is more stable than using a wireless connection.
Can I access the virtual event platform, PheedLoop, using any browser?
We strongly suggest using a modern browser to participate in the virtual event. Google Chrome is recommended for its security and feature compatibility.
If you have an adblocker installed as well, make sure to disable it when using the PheedLoop virtual platform as you may receive notifications to access your camera and microphone if you use the video chat feature.
I’ve logged into the virtual event platform, but how come I can’t see the session’s live stream?
If you are experiencing issues with the live stream, it’s very likely local to your computer or browser configuration. Here are some common troubleshooting tips that should allow you to experience the virtual event to its fullest.
- Use your desktop computer or laptop for the best experience. We do not recommend tablets or phones.
- Browser – Use the latest update of one of the following modern browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari
- Internet Connection – A high speed internet connection is recommended to participate in sessions without experiencing interruptions. If the stream is working, but the audio or video seems choppy, it’s possible that your internet connection is too slow, unstable, or bandwidth is being utilized elsewhere. A hard-wired internet connection is more stable than using a wireless connection.
Other possible issues and solutions:
- Issue Solution – As a first step for all issues encountered, refresh your browser.
- Close all other browser windows and applications. Ensure no downloads are running in the background and clear all caches and cookies.
- Try using an incognito or private browsing session.
- Session is not yet live Ensure you’re viewing a session at the date and time that it is expected to be live. The live feed will not begin until the published start time.
Note, all session times are in CST.
- Getting video, but no audio Ensure your speakers are not muted, none of the controls on the stream (if available) are muted, and no other tab is occupying your audio channel.
Try using an ‘incognito’ or private browsing session.
- Microphone or webcam isn’t working Check to make sure you’ve granted the browser tab for the virtual event access to your microphone and webcam, this is usually toggled via a little video camera icon in your URL bar.
Everybody has different browser configurations and network settings/restrictions which, may require trying a different browser and/or network just to have a clean environment to engage with PheedLoop through. In case something isn’t working, to isolate the root cause, we suggest trying:
- Private/incognito window in your browser
- Different browser (see Supported Browsers above)
- Disabling any operating system level VPNs or firewalls which may be blocking a specific website
- Different network
- Different computer
- If you continue to experience an issue after trying these options, please get in touch with us and share a full-screen screenshot.
How do I network with other attendees?
Once logged in to the virtual event, click on ‘Networking’ in the menu on the left side of the screen and you will see a full list of all attendees. Simply search for an attendee, click on their name and ‘Start Chat’. They will receive a private message from you, which they are able to respond to immediately.
When can I network with other attendees?
- As soon as you receive your access to the virtual event portal you are able to begin networking.
- During the event, you can login early to network before the first session, during the breaks (there are breaks scheduled between each of the session blocks for this purpose) as well as taking some time to network once the last session of the day is complete.
Do I have to let others see my profile?
No, you do not. If you do not wish for others to view you as an attendee, navigate to your ‘Account’ and slide the ‘Profile Visible in Networking Section’ toggle to the left.
How do I edit what others can see in my profile?
Once you are logged in to the virtual event portal, click on ‘Account’ and edit the information in your profile. You can add a profile picture, links to your social media accounts and add information about yourself.
How do I get notified of new private chat messages?
Please click here to follow instructions on how to adjust your Google Chrome browser settings to enable receiving notifications of new private chat messages within the virtual event platform.
If I cannot attend the live presentations, will the sessions be available later, on demand?
All sessions will be recorded and registrants will have access to the recordings until November 20, 2021.
The recordings will be added to the virtual event portal within 5 hours after the sessions conclude.
Simply click on the session in the schedule that you wish to watch and you can view it on-demand.
You will NOT be able to download or save the recordings.
Tweets by @devpsybio