Information for In-Person Poster Presenters:
In-person Poster Sessions will be using the traditional boards and each presenter will be assigned a poster in their session for the full 90 minutes. The in-person poster presenters will also be required to submit their poster through the iPoster platform so they are accessible to our virtual participants (which can either be a pdf upload or using the iPoster templates for more in-depth information).
We recommend you to print your poster on paper (please avoid fabric). The necessary materials to hang your poster will be provided onsite. Poster board dimensions will be 4′ x 4’ or 121 cm X 121 cm, (2 posters on each side of a 8’ wide by 4′ tall board). Briefly, posters should be sized to be a maximum of 42 inches wide and 42 inches (106 centimeters) high but may be smaller. Poster presenters are expected to stand by their poster during their poster session.
Include your Presentation ID number from program in the TOP RIGHT corner of the poster (not your original abstract submission ID but the final program Presentation ID number), these numbers will also be fixed to your poster board side, so you will know where to mount your poster.
For poster session 1, please plan to put up your poster on Wednesday before the start of the session and remove it directly after the end of the session. For poster session 2, please plan to put up your poster on Thursday morning before the AM coffee break and remove it directly after the end of the session. All poster presenters are required to be at their posters during their scheduled session to discuss their work with attendees and must be registered for the meeting no later than October 15, 2022 or their poster will be removed from the program and not be included in the journal issue. For more information about registration, please click here.
Example of engaging iPoster with Lightning Talk and Video Sessions from ISDP 2021 Hybrid Meeting:
Virtual iPoster Sessions & iPoster Setup (all poster authors must also create an iPoster so that our virtual meeting attendees have access to all posters)
We will keep the Virtual iPoster Sessions separate from the in-person Poster Sessions. All poster authors will be required to also create an iPoster in the ipostersessions.com, which can either be a simple pdf upload of your in-person poster as well as using the full iPoster templates for more in-depth information. Our interactive iPoster platform will make it easy for authors to create presentations that bring their research to life – whether presented virtually online or live onsite in San Diego including:
- Schedule video chat room discussions at multiple times and dates.
- Unlimited text and multimedia content.
- Upload high resolution images, high definition videos, and GIF’s.
- Audio tools for adding oral presentations and other sound files.
- Add simulations, visualizations, and sonifications.
- Include links to external websites for viewing original source materials and other contextual content and other dynamic content.
For those of you who will be presenting only in the Virtual iPoster sessions, we have more information:
- The two Virtual iPoster Sessions will be held in the ISDP Gather.Town social networking iPoster hall which will be accessible through the virtual meeting app and platform. Based on the geographical locations of the 63 virtual iPoster presenters, our Hybrid Meeting Team has assigned each of them to one of the two sessions so that each session has about the same number of virtual poster presenters. All of our 63 virtual iPoster presenters will be receiving their Gather.Town virtual poster session information, including which session you have been assigned to, this week and the program and website will be updated to advertise which virtual posters will be presented in each session:
Thursday, November 10, 2022
- 7:30 – 9:00 AM PST Virtual Poster Session 1 – Session will be held from 7AM – 9AM in San Diego (in-person presenters can present from the conference area if they wish to discuss the virtual posters with their presenters)
- 8:00 – 9:30 PM PST Virtual Poster Session 2 – Session will be held from 8PM-10PM IN San Diego (in-person presenters can present from the conference area if they wish to participate after the in-person poster session reception if they wish to discuss the virtual posters with their presenters))
Please also remember to schedule up to 8 video or chat sessions at times you wish to be in your iPoster to meet with attendees, that can be anytime during or even after the conference, you set those up in your iPoster using your own Zoom or Teams, etc. start promoting your sessions through the virtual platform, Twitter, or reach out individually to participants who are in the virtual platform which we hope you have familiarized yourself with.
Please watch this video for some benefits and ideas in setting up an iPoster for ISDP 2022: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1q8V_S0S3U
Don’t forget to reach out to your colleagues to let researchers know your abstract has been selected for a poster at ISDP 2022 (#isdp2022)
Please review these full instructions on how to setup your presentation: https://isdp.org/2022/10/14/how-to-set-up-your-iposter-for-isdp-2022-hybrid-meeting/
The ISDP Poster Sessions are always very popular networking events and a great opportunity to share your science with senior investigators as well as young investigators and students (attendance is estimated at 400 participants including the virtual participants). Your abstract will be published in a special FREE OPEN ACCESS issue of Developmental Psychobiology published by Wiley, the ISDP’s Official Journal.
Information for Oral Presenters and Invited Speakers:
Please be sure to keep to the schedule within the time allocation for your scheduled presentation, as listed here. Presenters of Oral Abstracts should plan on an 8 minute talk followed by 2 minutes for discussion/Q&A at the end of their talk. Please do not plan to speak for the entire time allotted, but keep the last 2 minutes for discussion/Q&A. Invited Speakers in the Symposium Sessions and other invited speakers do not need to allow time at the end of their talks for discussion as there will be a Discussion / Q&A following all the talks in the symposium sessions and other special sessions.
Audio Visual PRESENTATIONS
Please arrive at the Kon Tiki Ballroom at the Catamaran Resort (see below) at least 45 minutes prior to your session. Check in and address any questions to Julie Campbell, ISDP Conference Coordinator, at the break before the start of your session.
Please provide your presentation as a Powerpoint file (wide screen format with all fonts, images or videos embedded) on a USB memory stick to our Production Manager, Heather Sharpe, no later than the break prior to the session before yours (or 30 minutes). Please put the last name of the presenter FIRST in the file name, followed by your Presentation ID number (S2-1; O1-1. Example: Dufford O1-1.ppt.
Your presentation will be loaded on to the presentation laptop and you will be provided with remote advance “clicker” to advance your slides. The default display is presenter mode, where notes and the next slide are visible to the presenter (but not the projector). It will not be possible for presenters to use their own laptops. Our presentation laptop will be the only device connected to the online platform and the in-room audio video.
Q and A:
During the Q&A sessions, there will be questions from attendees in the room and we will have our room monitors repeat questions from online attendees to you.
Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa
3999 Mission Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92109 USA
Virtual Oral or Symposium Presentations & Virtual Moderators
If you are participating remotely, we will send you information on how to record your presentation and upload an MP4 file. You will then be able to join the Zoom and participating live in the discussion and Q&A. We will be using the Pheedloop Virtual Meeting platform as we did last year. We will need to know by October 15th whether you will be presenting virtually. Please email Joan Oefner, subject field: Virtual Oral or Symposium Presenter. All virtual oral or symposium presenters must be registered as a virtual meeting participant by October 15, 2022.
A zoom link will be sent to you by our Production Manager through a calendar invite. The calendar invite will be sent for 15 minutes prior to the start of your session so that we can ensure all the cameras and microphones are working and be sure you are able to share your screen efficiently.
Remember! You do not access your session through the Pheedloop virtual event platform. You login through Zoom only. Please use the zoom link to join your session at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the session. If you also have the virtual meeting platform at the same time as your presentation, please MUTE the sound.
You will have the opportunity to share your presentation using the Zoom share screen option and advance your slides directly.
Q and A:
Questions will come in from the room and through the event platform’s chat. Our Production Manager will transfer questions into the zoom chat to the Moderator so you can respond.
ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR ONLINE SPEAKERS AND CHAIRPERSONS:
- Please ensure that you have downloaded the most up to date version of Zoom. You can download this free of charge by clicking here
- You will need to have a reliable internet connection, laptop, or web camera and sufficient, even, front lighting.
- If you need to reach our tech support on the day of your session in case of an emergency or login difficulties, please email [email protected] or text/call 604-314-8685
I AM A SESSION CHAIR / MODERATOR:
At ISDP 2022 Hybrid Meeting, your role as a session Chair / Moderator will be crucial to promote interactions, facilitate knowledge exchange and guarantee the most enriching experience to attendees. You are asked to:
- Introduce the Speakers at the beginning of the session, keep track of time and wrap up the session on time
- Prepare starter questions for speakers (or ask them to provide them) to keep the conversation going
- Questions will also be coming from the in-person audience, our in-person moderator will encourage participants to come to the microphone to be included in the Q&A. Both in-person and virtual audiences will be included in the Q&A.